Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of routine to complex duties associated with the shipping and receiving of materials and finished goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- On a daily basis, receives in-bound freight from various carriers (e.g. FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.). Logs receipt of these items into a Manufacturing Execution System.
- On a daily basis, transfers designated raw materials received to Incoming Quality Assurance. Non-inventoried items are delivered to addressees throughout the facility.
- On a daily basis, prepares out-bound freight for shipments to customers, vendors, and other designated individuals. Requires properly packing items for shipments. Prepares shipping labels using a Manufacturing Execution System and freight carrier software. Ensures the accuracy of delivery address. Verifies the accuracy of Commercial Invoices and Pack Lists on all shipments.
- On a daily basis, uses various software programs to transact shipments in customer portals.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, reviews billing reports from carriers and approves payment invoices. May be required to challenge billing errors.
- As billing and delivery issues arise, works with the applicable department or carrier to resolve.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- When required, take customer shipments to FedEx. Occasionally, shipments are received after normal carrier pick-up. In those instances, in order to meet customer deliveries, packages are taken to the FedEx office.
- Must be able to work on Saturdays when shipments are needed to meet customer requirements or revenue plans.
- May be required to take off-site certification training for HazMat. Assists in packaging hazardous materials for shipping as per DOT/IATA.
- On a yearly basis, provide input on Freight/Postage budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Assists with recycling activities. On a periodic basis recycles precious metals (e.g. gold from lead trim and used gold bond wire) to an agreed upon recycling facility with EHS. Receives check from recycle facility for reclaim and provides check to Finance.
- Review shipping/receiving procedures and provide input on any changes that may be needed.
- As needed, train new shipping/receiving clerks (i.e. new full time employees or contractors).
- Coordinate Customer Critical shipments
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Up two years related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
- This position may require safety and/or health related training per local, state, federal or company requirements (i.e. HazMat).
- If involved with exports, certification on the Automated Export System is required.
- If handling microcircuits and/or circuit card assembly, ESD training and certification is required.
- Must be able to navigate and use the Visual Manufacturing ERP system
- User should be comfortable with Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to use the Automated Export System.
- Successful completion of an initial lift test and a vision screening are required to perform the job.
- Electro-static discharge (ESD) protective wear must be worn when on the production floors. Tape dispenser (hand-held and stationary), cardboard box construction, box cutters, personal computer, copier, fax, 55-gallon drum lifter or drum dolly, pallet jacks, and walk behind fork lift (occasionally), bar code reader, moving carts, and hand wrappers.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.