Cobham is seeking a Quality Director in Lansdale PA. The Quality Director will build, direct and retain a team responsible for the assuring the quality, manufacturability of custom components and subsystems for the Defense markets. Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. Primary focus is composite structures that meet RF requirements or are considered secondary aerospace structures. CAES Lansdale manufactures custom microwave antennas and components supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the following functions: Quality, Customer quality and responsiveness, Downstream Product Quality and Parts, Materials & Processes
- Provides leadership to all aspects of Quality from the perspective of customers, internal resources and supply base
- Establishes and maintains ISO 9001/AS9100 compliant QMS. Maintains effective QMS processes, communicates results of QMS performance and assures pursuit of customer satisfaction throughout the company
- Maintain a compliant quality assurance system that meets international quality standards and government requirements/standards for compliant hybrids for military applications
- Insure the quality of product shipped meets customer requirements including; specifications, performance, etc.
- Support Operations, Supply Chain and other internal customers with Quality KPIs, data and analysis to drive corrective actions
- Provide Quality KPIs, data, analysis by customer to support Program Managers/Operations managers in driving customer satisfaction
- Drive efforts to manage and improve supplier performance from a quality of product received
- Downstream Product Engineering, Parts, Materials & Processes:
- Provide key support to the entire span of the New Product Introduction process (NPI) through feedback to design on product producability, Develop and lead action plans to mitigate these risks to protect project execution and parts, materials and process support during NPI for all products.
- Identify, present and execute plans to develop new process technologies or product attributes in order to provide needed capabilities in advance of design use
- Problem-solving and corrective actions on routine issues
- Identify and deliver capital projects as required to maintain or improve production capability and capacity
- Provide technical support to the Product Engineering and PM&P groups as required to assist in development or transition activities
- Safety, Health & Environmental: support the Site, Division and Corporate goals related to SHE
- Insure policies, practices and processes are in place to insure compliance with all government, regulatory agency, corporate and customer requirements
- Managing their human resources: Having the right people in the right roles, Insuring performance management is practiced effectively by their teams, Insure that staffing and development plans support succession plans and protects against impacts of turnover
- Managing capital assets: Insuring that capital supports required capacity, Build, direct and retain a team responsible for the assuring the quality, manufacturability of components and subsystems for the Defense market
- Managing financial assets: Develop budget, Establish controls to insure budget compliance, Support new product bid and proposal efforts for the sites
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 plus years with direct ownership of Quality functions
- Proven leader and utilizes coaching style that has effectively built high performance teams
- Experience in an industry with regulatory requirements and high quality standards
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in establishing and achieving short and long range goals on an individual and team basis
- Strong communication and presentation skills in a distributed organization
- US Citizenship
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Effective implementation of Six Sigma, Lean or TOC
- Bachelor's degree in Quality Operations or Technical Discipline
- Active DoD Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.