Performs inspection of purchased parts, materials, components and equipment as materials are received from vendors or subcontractors and in-process part; determines or assists in determining methods, sequences and procedures necessary for inspection; works from drawings, sketches and specifications; performs work of simple to complex nature.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Inspects simple to complex mechanical housings, assemblies, covers, connectors, hardware, raw materials, etc. by using visual, electrical, chemical and dimensional drawings in addition to purchase orders.
- Inspects product for workmanship, under10X min magnification; inspects finished products for compliance to customer outline drawing; inspects test data records for compliance to ATP requirements; tests plating and metal content using XRF X-Ray machine; performs simple to complex Dimensional First Article Inspections.
- Verifies shop travelers and supplier documentation for accuracy & completeness in accordance to the applicable drawing, MIL specifications and/or purchase order requirements.
- Operate manual Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) and run inspection programs on Computerized Numerical Control/Coordinate Measuring Machine (CNC/CMM).
- Performs complex inspections using CMM or open surface plate setup; runs and operates Fischerscope XRF system for plating content and thickness requirements; performs complex F/A inspection requirements.
- Maintains workstation, equipment and tools used for assigned functions and duties.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performs work of semi-routine nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Three (3) years of related receiving inspection experience, within a production assembly environment, a plus, very detailed oriented, preferred; coursework in general blue print reading and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GDNT), preferred; high school or general education, a plus;
- Tools & Equipment: ability to use the following: Microscope; Caliper; Micrometer; Video measuring system (Optiflex with Quadrchek); Height Gage; various hand tools, fixtures and gages; XRF machine; manual CMM; CNC CMM; hardness tester;
- Technical skills: intermediate knowledge of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Y 14.5 and related standards; working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT); knowledge of operating Computerized Numerically Controlled (CNC) Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, e-mail or in person; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written publication and reports; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry functions, preferred; ability to read blue prints;
- Quality skills: ability to successfully analyze and evaluate quality or performance;
- Computer skills: working knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn drawing programs, such as Fastlook, Anzio and Enterprise-wide system, such as SAP, a plus;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities; ability to prioritize workload on a daily basis;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently as well as part of a team and coordinate with other employees as required; ability to troubleshoot and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires US citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.