Location: San Diego, CA
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Prepare and assemble electronic components and hybrid assemblies of basic complexity in a clean room setting by using blueprint drawing, diagrams, manufacturing processes and procedures; work is performed under a microscope and by means of using small hand tools, bonding machines, welders and process equipment; the major process procedures include substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond and pull test.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Operate manual and semi-automatic equipment to assemble hybrid electronic components using at a minimum one of the following processes with confidence, quality and output: substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond and pull test.
2. Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy, revision and affectivity of drawing and update it in traveler, if applicable.
3. Clean electronic components and assemblies per MIC processes and procedures prior to starting the work order.
4. Set up assigned machine as required by process or procedure; execute process; visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings; barcode completed work orders as required by traveler document; release the order to subsequent operations.
5. Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate labels and packages for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
6. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
7. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
8. Participate in Lean/ Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
9. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Perform work of routine nature, requiring limited judgment, normally receiving detailed instruction under close supervision to meet company workmanship standards and criteria;
2. Operate manual or semi-automatic machine to assemble REMEC products using at least one of the non-automated major MIC process procedures based on departmental need and supervisor’s discretion.