Manufacturing & Process Engineering:
- Accountable and responsible to lead, manage, direct, develop, and execute the performance of Process and Manufacturing Engineering
- Department working cross-functionally with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Areas including Fabrication, Assembly and Test,
- Sourcing, Materials, other Engineering and Manufacturing groups. Responsible for site and operational management to meet quality, delivery, cost goals; develop manufacturing strategies on new products and manufacturing process improvements and employ a wide range of manufacturing technologies and control systems to provide cost effective and innovative manufacturing process. Responsible for both Manufacturing and Process Engineering for developing manufacturing strategies including collaborating with NPI (New Product
- Introduction) to drive manufacturing process improvements, initiate DFM (Design for Manufacturability) and Process FMEA on new product introductions and concurrently work with the other groups, departments and design engineering team on NPI programs, taking ownership on manufacturing deliverables; accomplish the above goals by using Lean / Six Sigma tools to improve manufacturing processes, drive cycle time reduction and automation where applicable to meet product delivery, budgets and program objectives.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Quality, and Operations to identify and execute process outsourcing, as well as, program transitions supporting site capacity requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
Manufacturing & Process Engineering:
- Develop, monitor and manage business plans to meet objectives including payroll and labor utilization, manageable expenses, capital and headcount; support business initiatives that meet company and customer demand plans, product and process cycle times; establish and implement key performance objectives and metrics to track execution, identify variances; and implement actions and resolutions requiring root causes and corrective or preventative actions.
- Oversee the supervision of personnel, which includes selection, work allocation, training, development and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach, inspire, motivate and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity and performance; invest in employees welfare through interaction, social events and education growth; select and develop high quality team members.
- Collaborate with management and employees on performance excellence and execution deployment, continuous improvement ideas, innovative concepts to promote creativity; consistently work with abstract ideas or situations across functional areas of the business, including thorough assessment of intangible variables, identifying and evaluating fundamental issues and providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Partner with internal and external peers, subordinate and executive management, requiring negotiation of critical matters and promote improvement ideas that can influence policy decisions.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for site operations and in own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPIs for site; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities as appropriate.
- Cobham Managers and Supervisors are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment. They are expected to lead by example and to ensure proper safety behaviors are demonstrated by their direct reports. They are expected to maintain a work area that is free from hazards and in which the equipment functions properly. Manager and Supervisors are required to take action on any unsafe condition or safety violation of which they become aware. Managers and Supervisors are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Works in an environment where continuous improvement methods are utilized to manufacture quality products according to design specifications and customer expectations;
- Works in a leadership capacity positively influencing employees across functional areas.
- Supports strategic development of site capacity and capability planning to support customer requirements and business needs.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate):
- Ten (10) years’ experience in manufacturing and process engineering, in fast pace manufacturing environment, including providing solid leadership to staff; ability to perform engineering analysis on a new product design; experience with design for manufacturability and reliability; experience in a product and Microelectronic, Hybrid Discrete manufacturing processes for Military and Defense industry and use of Lean, and Six Sigma tools; Bachelors of Science in an Engineering discipline, preferred; Master of Science in Engineering (MSEE), a plus;
- Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
- Communication skills: ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from group of clients, customers, the general public and management at all levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Math skills: ability to apply mathematical operations such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis or variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis; advanced engineering math skills; ability to perform intermediate algebra and geometry mathematical equations; experience with quality measurement tools such as Minitab, a plus.
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Outlook; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- Required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.