Assembles electronic components, subassemblies and systems by following specific written instructions.
- Assembles electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate tooling and machinery.
- Assembles parts using solder, fasteners and adhesives in the build-up of electronic assemblies.
- Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
- Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and techniques.
- Performs electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, and installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
- Bonding and honing (sanding, polishing and grit blasting) of parts in preparation of installing and finishing assembly.Cleaning parts and electronic assemblies per Work Instructions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- 2 years’ experience working as an assembler
- 2 years’ soldering experience (JStandard)
- Able to interpret and understand instructions on process sheets, prints or route cards and technical drawings (i.e. ECO’s, parts lists and PRN’s).
- Ability to use hand tools (cutter, pliers, forming tools, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Ability to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers.
- Ability to identify, form and mount components
- Ability to prep, crimp and set-up tools for conductors
- US Citizenship
- Assembly experience in a defense contractor, aerospace, or the military environment with an emphasis on antenna products preferable.
- Soldering experience should be current; current JCERT preferable
- Must achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards and perform basic hand soldering tasks.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.