Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Materials Planner act as the Operations point of contact for allocated for demand, including customer forecast and repairs as appropriate. You will also be rresponsible for ensuring that all of the necessary actions required to satisfy demand is completed to cost and schedule. This may include supporting the provision of stock to meet contractual turnaround times whilst optimising stock levels. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As Materials Planner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Experience working as in production control within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace)
· Possess knowledge of supply chain activities, including transformation of components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer. Recognize the ways that supply chains link value chains
· Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
As Materials Planner your main responsibilities will involve:
· Liaise closely with the Customer Services Representatives / Commercial and other functions to ensure all customer orders are loaded with the appropriate lead time etc.
· Take responsibility for identifying and where possible resolving all problems with fulfilling demand to schedule and cost
· Pro-actively manage schedule dates and drive towards satisfying customer request dates
· To actively create and manage information that allows demand to be tracked and progressed through Operations
· Provide input into weekly and monthly reports as required
· Support improvement strategies within Operations that ultimately support improvements to delivery performance, inventory and reduce costs
· Liaise closely with Procurement and other warehouses to ensure that Operations are able to deliver to committed due dates
· Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure that there is no ambiguity in the Bill of Materials
· Where appropriate compile strip and survey reports as requested by customers
· Lead/attend drumbeat reviews to ensure timely progression of all tasks associated with progressing demand through the business
· Ensure performance development reviews are completed and acted upon
· Ensures the speedy activation of parts in Oracle after engineering release coordinating all functional areas.
· Generate and upkeep necessary KPI’s and performance board information
· Release and control of work orders including management of part requirements and start dates and works order exception messages
· Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page