Cobham is seeking a Spray Painter – 2nd Shift. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Sprays and/or brushes paints for all types of finishes; applies prime, semi-finish and finish coats using paints, lacquers, enamels, varnishes, undercoats, etc., on a variety of surfaces, checking painted/coated parts against job specifications.
- Obtains job specifications from a variety of readouts and presentations including blueprints, engineering specs, and written and oral instructions.
- Mixes paints, lacquers, and varnishes for correct viscosity.
- Performs visual inspection of all material prior to painting.
- Operates baking oven and monitors temperatures and bake cycle times.
- Plugs and masks work as required.
- Cleans brushes and spray guns.
- Uses all tools and fixtures necessary for the performance of tasks.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance.
- Performs other routine duties as required.
- Experience reading military specs
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.