Cobham is seeking a Planning Lead (Make) III that will develop production schedules for internal manufacturing operations for a series of production work centers, to achieve the requirements of the mast production schedule. The planners set and manage all planning elements associate with the make parts, and coordinate any outside processing associated with their parts. They will also optimize capacity with minimal inventory to ensure delivery to our customers on time. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing WIP inventory levels, optimizing capacity and managing supply and demand within the Supply Chain for make parts
- Oversee Make Planners and Inventory Planning processes to ensure effective management of the order book through to production and delivery
- Develops inventory plans to drive to 5X
- Ability to read and understand drawings, and what it takes to make the parts they are planning. Provide input on Engineering change with regard to material impact assessments suggests cut in dates Participate in process on make/buy decisions
- Construct & maintain a planning bill of material & routing strategy
- Assists the master scheduler in available to promise analysis for customer orders inside planning time fences
- Coordinate the Strategic planning of the planning BOM & routing structure
- Lead efforts in job variance analysis to ensure BOM accuracy
- Conduct material availability analysis for proposed schedule changes
- Conduct finite capacity planning and scheduling of internal manufacturing operations in accordance with the needs of the MPS, producing & releases internal work orders schedules & monitor performance to plan
- Effectively balance supply and demand analyzing and reacting to all move in, move out and cancel messages
- Ensure all planning and scheduling strategies are accurately planned and reflected in ERP system including Kanban's, MRP, etc.
- Continuously reviews and maintains all master data elements associated with the plans for every part on their make parts. Understands when business parameters change that may require planning element changes
- Analyzes supply and demand and releases internal works orders, balancing OEM, and aftermarket/spare requirements & inventory
- Partner with Mfg. Eng & Procurement to plan how material will be presented on the line for consumption into assemblies. Create line site stocking strategies, planning & replenishment optimizing inventory & meeting Schedule requirements
- Ensure production orders are started and completed on time to support the schedule
- Understand how to establish the appropriate scheduling technique to control capacity at work centers. (Finite scheduling, Infinite scheduling, Forward scheduling, Backward scheduling )
- Data owner for all master data associated with each make part
- Develops and manages a PFEP: Sets all make planning strategies for lot size, lead times, stocking strategies, shrinkage, yield, phantoms, storage locations
- Ensures the speedy activation of parts in Oracle after engineering release coordinating all functional areas
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years’ experience working as a planner within a manufacturing/technology company
- Experience in Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel
- 3+ experience with standard enterprise resource planning (ERP) & materials resource planning (MRP)
- Experience with manufacturing planning, master production scheduling, product definition, inventory control, materials requirements planning, capacity requirements planning shop floor control
- Analytical, planning and organizational experience
- This position requires access to technology material, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws in the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or Business
- Previous experience working within a mechanical or aerospace company
- APICS CPIM/CSCP certification or certification in progress
- Oracle system experience
- Supervisor experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers