Cobham Mission Systems are currently looking for Manufacturing Engineers to drive process improvement initiatives and root cause and corrective action, whilst ensuring capacity and capability of manufacturing processes and equipment is matched to the business requirements.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous Manufacturing Engineering position held within a production organisation or broad based background in a range of production environments that support a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Depth of experience in driving process improvement.
- Understanding of current and cutting edge manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Solid understanding of DFMA tools.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assist with capital investment associated with ensuring that there are capable processes
- Develop systems, processes and methods to meet manufacturing requirements ensuring lowest cost and highest quality.
- Maintain process documents, tooling, test equipment, gauging, and fixturing for programs/products.
- Create and maintain standard work for processes and standard cycle times.
- Maintain product family matrix and support cell layout based on the matrix.
- Maintain BOM configuration, implementation of Engineering change, review detail & assembly designs for produceability, liaise with internal & external supply chain.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page