As a part of Cobham Special Mission we’re currently recruiting for an Electronic Warfare Officers to be responsible for managing missions and understanding all role equipment, techniques and mission profiles to ensure delivery of tactical excellence as part of an operating crew.
This role is based in Teesside.
As an Electronic Warfare Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Ex-military (essential) with a ‘post-graduate’ qualification similar to QWI, EWI, HWI or GD UK military Experienced and knowledgeable in EW matters so as to be credible to the military customer base.
· Front line aircrew with recent experience in either the tactical employment of EW/ECM, or specialist
· EW duties in support of the RAF or RN or, other military, non-aircrew roles and trades, with recent experience in either the tactical
· Employment of EW/ECM, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN
· Sound knowledge of the principles and practical experience of EW
· Land and sea based Air Defence Systems, ship, aircraft and ground radar, modes of operation, tactics and EPM features
As an Electronic Warfare Officer your responsibilities will include:
· Assist the Senior Base EWO in safely achieving the daily flying programme by planning, briefing, operating and debriefing each mission flown directly with the customer communities, if able, to ensure learning points are identified.
· Operate in accordance with Air Legislation and relevant company Operations Manuals.
· Conform to the standards expected by the Company as legislated for in the Company Employment Manuals aligned through the company’s SPIRIT values.
· Assist the Senior Base EWO in customer liaison between RN/RAF/Army users and Operations Control on EW Target Tow (TT) and Full Motion Video (FMV) issues at Bournemouth, or whilst on detached operations.
· Cover weekly and daily mission planning duties as directed by the respective Senior Base EWO.
· Assist the Senior Base EWO if directed, in the organisation and/or implementation of Target Tow (TT) and Full Motion Video (FMV) visits or presentations linked to any internal or external agencies.
· Support the Senior Base EWO in ensuring company and national safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
· Utilise Company procedures to report non-compliance, safety and security matters in a timely fashion.
What we will be looking for in you:
You should be a team orientated and customer focused individual and already be accomplished and experienced in EW operations.
Cobham Special Mission
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page