Cobham is seeking a Program/Project Control Analyst who will, under general supervision interface with the program managers to meet program requirements in a government contracting environment. Candidate with working knowledge of Earned Value and Earned Value concepts are valued.
- Provide financial assistance to Program Managers, engineers, manufacturing, and finance through preparation, monitoring and providing oversight of program accounts
- Ensures compliance with internal and external procedures, such as government procurement regulations
- Perform cost assessments to identify and mitigate program risks
- Assist in preparation of bids & proposals requiring certified cost or pricing data
- Support the generation of program status reports and EAC’s, such as preparation of financial inputs to internal reports and presentations
- Performs a wide variety of complex financial/business analyses with regard to monthly, quarterly and annual submissions of financials within MES
- Assist in analyzing cost and schedule performance for moderate to large projects, using tools such as Contract Funds Status Reports, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Track, report and interface with the program team to develop and status schedule requirements, monitoring cost performance (labor, materials, WIP) against plans to ensure contractual cost obligations are met
- Monitor for adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and supporting timely requests for additional funding to the customer
- Incorporates contractual changes into financial control systems to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baseline
- Assists in developing financial controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status and ensure compliance with government and customer requirements
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Support cost accounting functions such as multi-program EAC reviews, WIP monitoring, and associated activities
- The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting, Operating Plan and Resource Plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance or Accounting preferred), with three years of experience in program control
- Manufacturing experience required
- Must be able to function in a dynamic organization and communicate within a team environment including communication with all levels of internal management
- Proven record of team leadership, both within a team and cross-functional environment
- Strong Excel skills with proficiency in Power Point & Microsoft Office
- Must be a proven team player with excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and a positive can-do work mindset
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks
- U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.