Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Develops implements and/or maintains one or a combination of accounting systems. Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts. Prepares financial statements and variance reports as requested. May do analysis and prepare special reports. May interpret reports and records for managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all accounting activities in the company to ensure accuracy and validity along with all financial compliance with company policies and regulatory policies.
- Maintain files and records.
- Prepares a variety of documents, reports and records and discusses the financial results with management.
- Responsible for posting to, and maintaining, various ledgers, registers, journals and logs, including the General Ledger, analysis of expense accounts as well as balance sheet accounts, following established accounting practices. Reviews this information for entry into financial systems.
- Makes correcting journal entries as assigned and recommends accruals and adjustments as needed.
- Prepares reconciliation and monthly financial analysis in written form.
- Prepares and directs the preparation of audits, financial statements and varied fiscal reports.
- Assists with year-end close-out as well as preparation of the annual budget.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIE
- Semi-annually, assist in factor inventory, physical inventory of all fixed assets at their scheduled time determined by 20% of net book value per year by cost-center.
- Responsible for financial aspects of annual auction of surplus of company assets.
- Provides technical support to internal and external auditors.
- Performs internal audits of general ledger accounts in assigned areas.
- Analyze financial information and prepares reports for multiple departmental areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related area (Accounting) and experience as described herein and 5 years applicable experience.
- Experience in government audits preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Certified Public Accountant designation is desirable.
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel and Access; Sage Fixed Asset S/W, Visual Manufacturing. 10-key by touch.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.