SR. INTERNAL AUDITOR
To support the Head of Internal audit in the delivery of the corporate objectives for this function (i.e. to provide a robust Internal Audit function for the group that is accepted by the business as adding value to the Business, directing processes, procedures and performance which are aligned with the corporate risk appetite and the wider corporate framework).
This position is designed to afford the professional the opportunity to obtain exposure to multiple functions and facilities within the sector. The career path for this position may lead to a professional moving from the IA&A function to serve in leadership capacity for a site or Business Unit or continue in the capacity as a Senior Internal Auditor within the I&AA function.
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
Perform Internal Audit reviews to evaluate compliance with CAES policies, statutory legislation and sound business practices, communicating findings to Business Unit and Sector Management
Support the development of tactical and strategic responses to observed findings noted in internal audit procedures
Identify opportunities to improve operational activities, and make recommendations to Business Unit and Sector Management to design those changes
Deliver Internal Audit results to the Director of Internal Audit & Assurance for inclusion in reporting to Cobham AES Holdings Inc. Board
Ability to travel up to 50%
Advanced internal audit experience covering finance, controls and performance but also wider business processes, e.g. USG compliance, program management and IT related issues
Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgments about the business operations and actionable suggestions for improvement
Confirms that people processes to include performance management, are followed
Appreciates the impact of business risk, partnering with management in the identification, assessment and mitigation of business risk
Has a high level of gravitas and commands respect
Ability to evaluate conditions and propose actionable recommendations
Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at the executive level
- Ability to serve as a business partner for senior management within business units
and to contribute to the general management of Cobham
- Internal audit experience, ideally not only covering finance control and performance
but also wider business processes e.g. program management and control and IT related issues, preferably within an engineering/manufacturing company
- Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgments about the operations of businesses and make actionable suggestions for improvement
- Ensures that people processes, including performance management, are followed
- Highly effective in the identification and assessment of business risk
- Adept at the development of business-relevant, plausible recommendations to mitigate business risk, as warranted
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills that enable solid working relationships with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to enable effective, shared understanding and fully informed bases for decision making and planning within affected areas of the organization
- Demonstrable experience of implementing process improvement/lean operations
within a business, highly indicative of strong skills in the areas of root cause analysis, value stream mapping, structured problem solving, and solution implementation/action planning.
- Has a good level of gravitas, commands respect, and develops confidence and trust from the executive leadership levels
- Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at the executive leadership levels
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in USG Compliance (E.G., FARS/DFARS, FOCI, ITAR/EAR, government cost accounting)
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in Accounting / Finance role involving the design or audit of internal controls
- Experience with internal and/or external audit within US Government contracting industry
- Experience with IT/ Integrated Financial Systems Audits
- Experience interfacing with all levels of the organization and providing valuable insight and advice to colleagues performing functional activities through to the executives management team
- Experience of recommending process improvements within a business
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel, solid working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Word
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, candidate must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
Key Measures & Milestones:
- Meeting or exceeding the Cobham Sector and/or BU business metrics
- Ability to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the internal financial and business control environment, particularly as regards budgeting and short and long term business planning
- In collaboration with line management, level of effectiveness of corrective and preventive measures recommended and implemented
- Level of detailed familiarity of business operations within his or her scope of responsibility
- Development of knowledge/skills/abilities/competencies/other attributes required for promotion to targeted promotional opportunity within Cobham
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.