Develops, evaluates, revises and applies technical quality assurance protocol and methods to inspect and test in-process raw materials, production equipment and finished goods; ensures compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations; performs analysis and identifies trends for in-process material and bulk raw materials and recommends corrective actions; ensures that established manufacturing inspection, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed; formulates policy in the process of analyzing, planning product quality and operations planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Design and implement methods and procedures for testing and inspecting the quality level of products and production equipment.
- Review manufacturing documentation ensuring the necessary criteria and provisions are incorporated to permit effective inspection and testing of materials.
- Analyze reports and returned product; initiate correction action for procedural, product or process deficiencies.
- Conduct reliability analysis on the life cycle of product and identify failure analysis, to understand the overall quality of the manufactured item.
- Manage the statistical analysis on products to determine the patterns seen and unseen providing insight to the lifecycle of the product.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of related experience in quality assurance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Math or related field
- Leadership skills: ability to lead, coach and mentor staff; ability to inspire and motivate others;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read and comprehend blue prints and complex instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret and comprehend complex business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working knowledge of networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook software programs at an intermediate to advanced level; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
- Math & Analytical skills: intermediate to advance mathematical skills, including statistical inferences, patterns and fundamentals algebra, geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements; solid understanding of basic statistics and statistical patterns;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently as well in a team environment and multi-task.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.