Cobham is seeking a Technical Director to support capture and development of new system program opportunities in the EW field based upon our leading positions in EW antennas and high power transmitters. This role reports directly to the Integrated Electronic Solutions (IES) Business Unit Vice President of Engineering and will be based in our Lansdale, PA facility.
- Partnering with the proposal capture manager to develop the win strategy and proposal plan.
- Leading the program technical team to establish the proposed solution baseline, including engineering BOM and program test approach, which will be the basis for cost and schedule estimates.
- Leading the development of the integrated master plan and master schedule and WBS dictionary.
- Supporting development of price to win, allocating design to cost targets, and negotiating / managing design to cost targets throughout the proposal time frame.
- Lead technical aspects of make / buy decisions.
- Ensuring proposed costs and schedules are consistent with contract requirements and the proposed solution.
- Establishing and managing the risk and opportunity baseline.
- Drive preparation for, and support, independent capture and technical reviews.
- Lead requirements analysis, flow down, and requirements compliance matrix.
- Development of the technical solution.
- Execution of system trade studies.
- Assessment and evaluation of potential partners’ / subcontractors’ development capabilities.
- Ensuring the technical solution is consistent with design to cost targets, customer requirements, and final RFP requirements.
- Establishing and managing the requirements and technical baseline.
- Establishing and tracking technical performance measures.
- Leading the writing of the proposal technical volume incorporating win themes and Cobham competitive differentiators.
- Complying with lifecycle management processes.
- Leading the planning and execution of the engineering development model design, integration, test, and validation activities in support of the program capture.
- BS Engineering or Physics + 12 years’ experience
- Experience leading successful technical proposal efforts
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain SECRET security clearance
- Active SECRET security clearance
- Strong expertise in product design and technology, including requirements management
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional and matrix environment
- Ensure effective design discussions occur at all levels, using strong communication skills, employing diplomacy with confidence and tact and assertiveness without antagonism or alienation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Specifically, ability to effectively communicate with customers, government agencies, and senior company leadership.
- Good engineering work practice/ethic, self-motivated, and reliable. Demonstrated ability to deliver on-time and work well with team members as a technical lead driving complex multi-disciplined efforts.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.