Cobham is seeking an entry level Antenna Engineer with responsibilities in design and development activities of antennas. These activities start at the design phase and proceed through the product development process, prototype build, product qualification and into production build. Knowledge of one or more electrical disciplines that cover Antenna, Microwave and RF engineering is assumed for this position.
• Perform professional technical work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic and advanced engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
• Participates in the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Designs or selects available designs to meet requirements. Evaluates merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards.
• Receives concepts and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel. Works from specific assignments from supervisor or senior engineering personnel which may include design and development of specific components, circuits, compilation of data for research investigation by study groups; performance of parameters that have been determined; analysis of test data; calculation of results. Instructs and directs the work of technicians, if assigned. Prepares charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans. Continues to develop areas of specialization and maintains cognizance of scientific and technological developments in the field.
• Perform design and development of advanced antenna, antenna subsystems, arrays and antenna elements.
• Perform Antenna, RF and RCS testing of antennas and RF systems. Support research in the integration of antennas. Support efforts for reports, white papers, proposals, specification definitions and acceptance test procedures.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or similar applicable discipline.
• Familiarity with antenna design and testing in far-field anechoic chambers, compact ranges, and/or near field testing
• Experience utilizing electromagnetic simulation tools such as ANSYS HFSS.
• Experience at the intermediate level with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Experience in Antenna Theory or Microwave/RF Engineering and antenna design.
• Microwave design experience with Phased Arrays, Multi-element apertures, linear, dual linear, and circular horns, printed circuit spirals, coaxial and strip line antenna radiators.
• Experience utilizing electromagnetic simulation tools such as FEKO, CST or similar analysis software.
• Experience with in MATLAB analysis and basic programming.
• Possess and apply knowledge of cutting edge technical principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
• Sufficient knowledge to exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
• Experience in designing both balanced and unbalanced antenna feeds.
• Ultra-wideband ( >2:1 BW) antenna experience with numerous antenna topologies
• Knowledge and/or experience with meta material structures for antenna applications
• Familiar with manufacturing process including machining, CNC milling, aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrication and plating
• Team management, project management and program management skills
• Possesses good communications skills and comfortable presenting to customers and working with other engineering disciplines and with Manufacturing.
• Active Secret Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.