As a part of Cobham Aviation Services we have a position for an Avionics Aircraft Engineer. This is to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer. To have an awareness of all associated and related Avionics Aircraft Maintenance regulations and to work in accordance with the Company procedures at all times. Location Christchurch, Bournemouth
As an Avionics Aircraft Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Aircraft Engineering Apprenticeship which have included modules such as English, Maths and Physics
Avionics Engineering experience
Fast jet experience preferred but not essential
- Human Factors, will be provided if not already held
Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
Able to go through full Security cleared
motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
Medically fit for detachment
As an Avionics Aircraft Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- To perform base maintenance and when required line maintenance on company and customer operated aircraft including, servicing, inspections, modifications and defect rectification. Reporting to your LAE & SLAE you will need to work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the allocated task times.
- The control of any material or Company equipment provided for the task. The cleanliness of the working area at all times.
- Keep all associated Base Maintenance equipment replenished and ensure service dates are complied with.
- Although primarily based at Bournemouth, you must be willing and able to work at other detached operating bases when required. There is a possibility of working shift patterns when required to meet operational demands.
Cobham Aviation Services provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.