Cobham is seeking a Quality Engineer to drive quality improvement initiatives, root cause and corrective action and to lead quality engineering support for value stream teams and product lines. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Review customer’s RFQs, contracts, and flow-down of customer contractual quality requirements or quality system requirements to Cobham and its suppliers
- Act as the Cobham liaison during customer/government audits and inspections
- Communicate with team, suppliers, customers, and the government regarding all quality related issues
- Participate in customer return process to include failure analysis and corrective action
- Generate inspection check lists, inspection criteria for purchased and manufactured parts, and submit dock to stock part candidates
- Processing of MDRs and ECOs
- Generate and communicate customer data packages for shipped product
- Analyze and trend quality data within value stream to drive preventive and corrective actions and continuous improvement. (via CAB meetings)
- Drive continuous improvement by participating in two projects per year
- Yearly review of quality related systems and procedures
- Maintain performance management KPI’s and board and participate in performance management meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that environmental, health, and safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Completed Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of experience in manufacturing quality
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelors’ degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or mathematics)
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing certified
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Skills: organizational, communication, leadership, personal computing, performance management, continuous improvement and problem solving
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers