Cobham is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work as part of dynamic development team for the Life Support Systems division of our Davenport, Iowa facility. We are looking for a talented engineer to develop Stirling cycle cryogenic cooling systems. The selected candidate will participate in the entire product design life cycle including conceptualizing, packaging, testing/validation, and production implementation. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Participate in small to medium integrated product development teams
- Design and analyze Stirling cycle cryogenic coolers and other complex mechanical assemblies
- Design products and product improvements in Creo or by working with designers using Creo
- Design and analyze packaging for electronics systems to be used in harsh environmental conditions
- Develop system specifications and test plans to verify models for component or system characteristics
- Responsible for in house as well as off-site qualification test programs
- Work closely with suppliers on component and sub-system development
- Interface with customers as part of development team programs
- Work in a team environment to develop predictive models of components and systems
- Provide innovative ideas for improvements to existing products
- Participate in the creation and development of new products and technologies
- Provide technical expertise to support Manufacturing, Field Support Engineers, and customers
- Evaluate suitability of current products for new applications; work with team to develop bids and proposals for new, modified, or upgraded products
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Biomedical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting root cause/corrective action analyses
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with cryogenic systems
- Knowledge of Creo
- Experience with modeling /simulation software packages such as MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape, and ANSYS
- Familiar with Microsoft Project
- Experience writing specifications, test plans, procedures, and reports
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers