Cobham Wireless is looking for a Software Developer to work as a key member of the TeraVM Java development team. TeraVM is a fully virtualized (on multiple hypervisors), highly scalable application for testing multi-service IP networks. It determines the key quality and performance limitations associated with the deployment of next generation voice, video and data applications and helps the world’s largest companies develop and deploy associated services with confidence.
This role will suit developers looking to further their career, working in a dynamic company with cutting edge technologies. It will involve working closely with Java Architects and Designers to deliver the next generation TeraVM product.
This role is based in Dublin, Ireland.
As a Software Developer your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Architects/Designers to take product designs from inception through to delivery
- Delivering new features to the product from design through to development and testing, prototyping where necessary and ensuring all work is completed to the required standards
- Interacting with Product Management and other relevant stakeholders to ensure customer requirements are well defined, documented and clearly understood by the development team
- Working with peers and other developers to deliver improvements to the core product and to integrate new technologies where appropriate
- Working effectively with the Test & Verification team to resolve issues and enhance product quality
As a Software Developer your key skills and experience should include:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years plus experience in back-end Java Development working in an Agile environment
- Experience in technologies such as Java 8, Gradle, Hibernate, Junit
- Practical experience on Spring framework (Spring Boot, Data, Cloud)
- Practical experience on Unit Testing and TDD
- Practical knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge and practical experience in RESTful API design and micro-services architecture
- Experience with NoSQL Database e.g MongoDB, is an advantage
- Experience with RDBMS e.g PostgreSQL
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse/Intellij, GIT, Jenkins and SonarQube
- Knowledge of Linux environment and basic CLI skills
- Experience and knowledge of IP-based networking a bonus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
About Cobham Wireless
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and connectivity solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Our intelligent digital Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), along with our advanced network validation tools for mobile and IP networks, will help propel your network to the next generation. http://www.cobhamwireless.com/
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.