Cobham Wireless is looking for a Radio Engineer to join the Network Services Support Team. This is for an experienced radio engineer working in the areas of: commissioning, maintenance, repair, surveying and support of radio repeater coverage equipment and systems.
The role is office based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire and will involve regular travel to work at customer sites across the UK and abroad.
As a Radio Engineer in Network Services your skills and qualifications will include:
- Proven engineering experience in radio technologies and Mobile radio Systems
- Hands on experience in:, installation, configuration, troubleshooting & maintenance radio equipment
- A solid understanding and hands-on experience with radio test equipment and tools
- Understanding of radio amplifiers and their properties
- Must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Knowledge of radio communications technologies for Cellular and Public Safety
- Working to schedules
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Able to deal effectively with customers and provide the highest levels of service
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must hold a fill valid UK driving licence
- Experienced in based Network Management systems software
- Previous experience of working overseas independently
- Knowledge of Fibre Optics
As a Radio Engineer in Network Services your main responsibilities will involve:
- Commissioning and optimisation of Radio Repeater Coverage Solutions at customer sites on a global basis
- Troubleshooting of hardware and software in Radio Systems on site
- Performing surveys and radio measurements on site
- Working with Radio in construction sites, buildings and Tunnel Environment
- Liaising with project management
- Provide telephone and email support to our customers at our Support Desk facility
- Maintain good relationship with customers and their contractors
- Documenting all work in formal reports completed within time limits
What we will be looking for in you:
You should have good problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to understand and analyse complex issues. This role can involve regular national global travel of up to 2 weeks at a time.
About Cobham Wireless
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and connectivity solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
Our intelligent digital Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), along with our advanced network validation tools for mobile and IP networks, will help propel your network to the next generation. http://www.cobhamwireless.com/
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page