Cobham Wireless is looking for a Senior Protocol Test Engineer to design & maintain system tests for our TM500 Product. The TM500 is a UE simulator for testing wireless networks covering GERAN/UTRAN/LTE technologies. This role is responsible for working with the software and hardware development teams analysing new protocol features and producing test plans and test cases.
This role is based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
As a Senior Protocol Test Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent in a Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or Software Engineering discipline
- Possess a good understanding of mobile telecoms for at least 2 technologies from LTE, UTRAN & GERAN
- Proven experience in protocol feature analysis and the creation of test plans
- Proven experience in protocol test development
- Analysis captured data against expected outcomes
- Experience with custom test automation for software/hardware platforms
- Previous experience of writing test Scripting (Python) is desirable but not essential
- Some experience with database design
- Experience with leading version control tools (eg. GIT, Clearcase, Perforce)
- The ability to produce good technical documents
- Good problem solving skills
As a Senior Protocol Test Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead Test Engineer for protocol features
- Producing Test Specifications
- Creating and scripting automated system tests
- Analysis of test results
- Independently resolve problems encountered in the product.
- Work across different teams
What we will be looking for in you:
You should a self-motivated team player who is able to work independently and on your own initiative. Excellent organisational skills are required along with the ability to communicate confidently both written and verbally. You should be customer and quality driven, but pragmatic and commercially aware.
About Cobham Wireless
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and connectivity solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Our intelligent digital Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), along with our advanced network validation tools for mobile and IP networks, will help propel your network to the next generation. http://www.cobhamwireless.com/
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.