Cobham is seeking a Mechanical Technician III that will assemble prototypes of new products. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Assemble prototypes of new products from sketches released or unreleased prints without assembly instructions
- Determine procedures, sequences and techniques from assembly drawing or verbal instructions, with minor supervision
- Adjust, tune, and calibrate prototypes of new products without detailed instructions, with minor oversight and direction
- Test new product prototypes using a variety of test equipment
- Make records of any tests performed
- Support testing of equipment in the field and at outside laboratories, if required
- Make recommendations for product, process and print improvements
- Troubleshoot products to determine cause of product malfunctions, miss adjustment or out of tolerance performances
- Perform Qualification Testing
- Ability to work with close tolerances and small delicate assemblies
- Support conformity of parts for Qualification
- Support conformity of Qualification test set-ups
- Provide assistance to production in product failure analysis
- Perform all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- Standing, walking, Lifting 50 lbs and in working confined spaces
- All other related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with mechanical assembly or in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience with data acquisition equipment and recording data
- Experience presenting to small groups
- Experience reading prints and schematics
- Experience with temperature/altitude chambers and their operation
- Experience with standard inspection equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge with electro-mechanical equipment
- Knowledge with soldering and soldering standards
- Knowledge with Root Cause Problem Solving
- Experience with Six Sigma principles
- Experience with Aerospace and Defense industry terminology
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers