Cobham is seeking a Senior Internal Compliance Auditor that will ensure that organizational processes – and the goods and services that result – comply with the requirements of standards (e.g., AS9100, ISO 9001), as well as customer, regulatory, and the organization’s own requirements. This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Evaluate production processes for compliance with quality requirements
- Validate corrective action effectiveness
- Assist in development of audit plans, audit schedules
- Participate in quality audits (and lead a team of quality auditors, when needed)
- Identify processes, situations, etc., where organization is meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist audit team in developing audit reports; present audit reports to top management, as needed
- Assist with follow-up audits and validate corrective action effectiveness
- May be required to develop internal auditing/testing parameters and support external supplier audits in support of the supplier performance team
- Reports directly to the Quality Compliance Manager. Assists and works in conjunction with auditees and other auditors (internal and external) during the course of an audit.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with internal auditing.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with auditing tools (e.g., control charts, Ishikawa diagrams).
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Current ASQ / CQA certification
- 2 or more years of internal auditing experience
- Must have an eye for detail and above-average analytical ability; strong analytical and problem solving abilities are a must.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a diverse team of auditors.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers