Cobham Wireless are looking for a Release & Build Manager to design & maintain our internal continuous integration solution. Cobham Wireless is moving to continuous integration for a complex product line involving both hardware and software. The continuous integration system needs to be designed and built using a mixture of the latest external products and custom developments. This role is based in Stevenage.
As a Release & Build Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent in an Electronic Engineering or Software Engineering discipline
- Scripting skills in Python, Pearl etc
- Be experienced in full product life cycle development
- Experience with custom test automation for software/hardware platforms
- Some experience with database design
- Experience with continuous integration tools (eg. TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management tools (eg. Clearquest, JIRA)
- Experience with leading version control tools (eg. GIT, Clearcase, Perforce)
- The ability to produce good technical documents
As a Release & Build Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Design of test automation systems
- Design of all aspect of continuous integration system to support hardware & software systems
- Technical authority for continuous integration system.
- Able to independently solve problems encountered in the product.
- Work across different teams to solve problems.
What we will be looking for in you:
You should a self-motivated team player who is able to work independently and on your own initiative. Excellent organisational skills are required along with the ability to communicate confidently both written and verbally. You should be customer and quality driven, but pragmatic and commercially aware.
About Cobham Wireless
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and connectivity solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Our intelligent digital Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), along with our advanced network validation tools for mobile and IP networks, will help propel your network to the next generation.
About Cobham plc
We employ more than 12,000 people on five continents, and have customers and partners in over 100 countries, with market leading positions in: wireless, audio, video and data communications, including satellite communications; defence electronics; air-to-air refuelling; aviation services; life support and mission equipment.
Cobham welcomes applications from all sections of the community