Cobham is seeking an Engineering Analyst that will review and make recommendations regarding cost, reliability, availability and appropriate use of electrical components. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Review component surveys and alerts in order to make recommendations regarding cost, reliability, availability and appropriate use of electrical components as they relate to our products
- Determine parts obsolescence factors using parts research programs such as CAPS Expert
- Analyze vendor electrical component data sheets
- Maintain and prepare component change notices for the standard parts database
- Interface with procurement and suppliers to ensure optimized component sourcing
- Work as integrated product development team member to optimize designs and verify component performance
- Work with board layout designers to ensure design integrity with regards to component characteristics
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals
- Troubleshoot and conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for component failures
- Provide component assistance and Bill of Material review to Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing, Sales, Design, Contract Manufacturers, and Field Service personnel
- Provide guidance and assistance to technicians for assembly, testing, and troubleshooting components
- Support mechanical and stress engineers to ensure proper packaging of components
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write technical material and present to customers and mid-level managers
- Knowledge of military standard component designations.
- Ability to work and communicate with representatives from various functions including Manufacturing, Test, Purchasing and Design
- Experience in circuit design and/or analysis
- Experience with Oracle ERP software
- Experience with GIDEP database
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers