Cobham is seeking an RF/Microwave Technician to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The RF Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of microwave circuit test, subsystems test to meet shipping schedules. The RF Technician will support production activities within a group concentrating on advanced microwave subsystems for applications including missile front ends, radar receivers, wideband tuners and synthesized sources. Duties include CCAs, and subsystem products, collecting and documenting test data and providing feedback to manufacturing engineers on production products.
- Work with production staff to perform and document testing of microwave hardware
- Perform and document tuning and test results on multi-function thin film microwave integrated circuits (MICs)
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, as part of a product team, providing feedback on modules and subsystem products
- Test analog circuits from schematics and/or diagram
- Associates Degree in Electronics or trade school or technical education and 3+ years’ experience testing, aligning performing and documenting tuning and test results on multi-function microwave integrated circuits (MICs) OR
- 5+ years’ work experience aligning, performing and documenting tuning and test results on multi-function microwave integrated circuits (MICs) in lieu of an Associate Degree or trade school or technical education.
- Must have theoretical knowledge of functional area and the ability to use the necessary equipment, including computer controlled test stations.
- Familiarity with network/spectrum analyzers and microwave circuit test equipment.
- Proficient written and verbal skills.
- Computer skills are required for this position including: file manipulation, file organization, accessing and launching various programs, and basic Microsoft Excel.
- Must have active Secret Clearance.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.