ROLE SUMMARY: To perform professional technical work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic mechanical engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
- Support the Product Design Team. Support senior engineering personnel in the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements. Receive close direction and instruction from senior engineering staff.
- Perform Mechanic Analyses. Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform basic static, dynamic and heat transfer analyses of mechanical structures. Compile data for investigation by senior mechanical engineering personnel.
- Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
- Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design.
- Support Continuous Improvement (CI) Events. Acquire a working knowledge of Cobham Quality System and the Mechanical Design Process. Acquire up-to-date knowledge of developments in mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- A working knowledge of CREO2 CAD software is a plus.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.