Cobham Defense Electronics, San Diego
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Performs Document Control activities related to Engineering Services including updating logs, databases and catalogues; maintains files of engineering drawings, project reports, specifications, product proposals and documentation; releases drawings to the Released Drawings Directory on the LAN; Ensures documents meet standards for production; may use CAD database, software blueprints or copy or microfilm machines for reproduction of documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Incorporate Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) on all drawings, ensuring completeness according to Cobham and DoD workmanship standards.
2. Enter part numbers into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system; release drawings to the Released Drawings Directory on the LAN; work with Drafters on data entry of their part lists; update and maintain ECO Matrix file; deliver all released ECO’s to drafting; ensure all released folders are up to date with current revision drawings and previous revision drawings are zipped; release all artwork, schematics, pads, cut files and weld files.
3. Ensure drawing titles and commodity codes are correct per design and DoD standards.
4. Maintain logs necessary for department on personal ECO’s and Gerber (Artwork) orders; Check ECO’s for minimum requirements for submittal to CCB.
5. Run the DSYS Document Control Reports during staff’s absence.
6. Assist Engineers, Drafters and other company staffing the incorporation of documents
7. Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies and practices.
8. Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
9. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in work area as well as other areas to enhance cross-functional problem-solving.
10. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
12. Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
1. Perform moderate complex engineering customer service work.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrate through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Two (2) years of related experience and detail oriented; High school diploma or GED;
2. Office Equipment: ability to use general office equipment, such as personal computer, scanners, fax machine, phone, automated devices.
3. Proofreading skills: ability to use general office equipment; ability verify data input and correct errors; ability to locate source document errors; must have basic knowledge of alpha-numeric filing system;
4. Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read technical publications such as blueprints and schematics; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
5. Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use SAP enterprise wide information system; working knowledge of Anzio, a plus; must be able to type 35 wpm; knowledge of AutoCAD;
6. Time Management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
7. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
1. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.