Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Cobham Defense Electronics, San Diego
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Perform the set-up, calibration, tuning, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies; determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams; tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems; will complete rework instructions on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing; prepare technical reports summarizing findings and recommend solutions to technical problems; may assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment; performs work of moderate complexity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Tune moderately complex electronic components, assemblies and sub-assemblies to established frequencies; set up and calibrate test stations.
2. Perform in-process and final electronic verification tests according to written test procedures using test equipment such as a frequency counter, network and scalar analyzers, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer and function generator; maintain test documentation.
3. Execute corrective actions as necessary to improve product yield.
4. Troubleshoot to the component level; maintain records and logs as required; identify potential problems in product and make recommendations as appropriate.
5. Record and review electronic test data using manual or computer generated techniques.
6. Inspect all work prior to releasing the work order for further processing.
7. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
8. Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
9. Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
10. Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
12. Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
1. Works independently as well as in a team environment; performs work of moderately complexity.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
1. Three (3) years in an electronic environment working with Radio Frequency/Microwave experience; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity (precise) with ability to discern color; Certificate in Electronics Technology; or, Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology;
2. Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure.
3. Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
4. Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
5. Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
6. Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
7. Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
1. May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.