The Purchased Materials Expeditor III performs a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties to meet production schedules. Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems and ensures incoming materials arrive on time as promised by the supplier.
· Maintains contact with suppliers of materials, products or services under purchase orders to insure and expedite delivery as required.
· Maintains/Updates Supplier Portal and Internal SC Share Point Sites
· Assists in maintaining and collecting Supplier Compliance Requirements
· Follows up with suppliers on commitments and deliveries
· Determines from past performance reliability of commitments and
possible delivery data
· Provides explanations of conditions, requirements and delivery intervals
· Plans and arranges delivery of items to meet manufacturing requirements
· Reports progress on orders to include changes in delivery dates and attends program status meetings
· Investigates special conditions such as request for substitution of material, informing receiving group and others of orders requiring special or urgent handling, expediting urgent items and updating purchase orders status.
· Request root cause/corrective actions from suppliers when deliveries are missed
· Update action items list for missed deliveries
· Sends out SCARS to suppliers for poor delivery performance
· Ensure suppliers understand importance of meeting delivery commitments
· Work closely with Buyers/SCA’s on problem suppliers
· Update critical shortage sheet and work with Planners on delivery issues
· Resolve quantity and pricing discrepancies on shipments
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Intermediate MS Office skills
Intermediate Level User with MS Excel - must be able to do macros, pivot tables and Vlookups
Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
4 years working in a purchasing department
4 years working with outside suppliers
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or any other Science/Mathematics field
One (1) years’ experience in Supply Chain as a Buyer
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification.
Experience in defense or government contracting industry
Experience in procuring services as well as materials
Experience in Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) or similar systems
2+ years as a materials expeditor
2+ years working with requisitions
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.