Uses prescribed techniques to fabricate composite structures in molds. Follows process plans and procedures to perform composite lay ups, curing, and/or assembly finishing operations. May perform rework or repairs on assembled units per specifications and procedures. Uses small hand tools, grinders, drills and measurement tools to ensure conformance with blueprint specifications and tolerances. Uses basic math skills to figure out proportional and/or unit measure problems.
- Works from processing rout cards, follows detailed process procedures and or verbal instructions to construct a variety of parts used for the production of antennae assemblies while meeting contractual requirements.
- Prepares tooling/fixturing used for alignment and processing during manufacturing process.
- Sets up and operates various types of equipment to support antenna processing while maintain a safe environment. These include but not limited to; ovens, coating and plating baths, alignment and measuring equipment, exhaust hoods and sanding tables and others as require.
- Prepares ingredients, such as resins, catalysts, fillers, accelerators, and colors, according to process instructions.
- Laminates plastics, resins or pre-impregnated cloth onto layup mold or bonding fixture into shaped parts as trained and instructed by group lead.
- Applies cures and sands filler materials to remove pin-holes and imperfections in preparation for painting process.
- Wraps bonding fixture or molds in vacuum bagging materials, attaches fittings to molds or fixture, such as vacuum connections, thermocouples, and probes, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to prepare lamination for curing or bonding as trained and instructed by group lead.
- Cuts material to size, using shears, knives, cutters, scissors, router, or saw.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma
- 2 years’ experience working with composites in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Ability to work with hand tools
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- 1-3 years working with assembly or composites in a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years working with finishing/paint
- 1-3 years working experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Preference given to those with Aerospace or defense contracting background
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.