- Purchases materials, equipment, supplies, and commodity products for delivery at specified time and location.
- Forecasts requirements, issues periodic reports on trends, and negotiates pricing, discounts, and contracts.
- Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Studies market trends, interviews vendors, and recommends sources of supply.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
- Prepares orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders.
- Checks and approves invoices for orders placed.
- May perform production/materials planning and scheduling activities in support of the production process.
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity, where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Responsible for a various number of assignments involving the procurement of material and equipment necessary for the operation of the company.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy and completeness before acceptance.
- Searches for appropriate sources of supply and measures them in terms of technology, cost, delivery, and quality
- Creates accurate Purchase Order documentation in computer system
- Approves and seeks higher level approval of purchasing records in accordance with regulatory and company policy
- Prints and gathers proper documentation in support of all purchases
- Files purchasing documents in appropriate department filing cabinets
- Evaluate bid proposals and make awards in accordance with good negotiations within pricing guidelines.
- Demonstrate superior negotiation skills.
- Expedite along with planners on material that is impacting any shipment to our customers.
- Demonstrated excellent emotional intelligence and communication skill Arrange meetings with Vendors and other Cobham associates.
- Solicit bids on orders which require them (over $2500).
- Analysis of costs and cost drivers, overhead and services
- Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) and 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Vendors and other Cobham associates in finding solutions.
- Full use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Works under general supervision.
- Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Basic data entry ability and electronic file management skills required
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to use online search engines for sourcing material
- ISM, NAPM, APICS, ASC or equivalent certification preferred
- Working knowledge of current DFARs /ITAR and Diversity requirements
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.