Sr Electrical Hardware Engineer
The Sr Electrical Hardware Engineer will perform technical analysis, design, implementation, and/or test of hardware subsystems to support customer requirements. Work from technical objectives, overall schedules, and expected results as specified by system specifications or senior personnel. May lead project segments and take responsibility for achievement of schedule and technical performance. Assignments are broad and may include developing/evaluating new techniques/plans/procedures. Interfacing directly with customers to provide suggestions/support to ensure design compliance with requirements as well as support hardware in the field.
- Design and develop electrical hardware for high precision advanced positioners, controllers and customer payloads. Including component selection, schematic capture, system cabling and wiring
- Support operations in Lansdale PA for system trouble shooting, or first time system builds for new systems
- Learn engineering tools for new product development
- Work with business development and program management to support customer proposals
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering and management disciplines on high-level design decisions
- Work closely with staff to ensure on-time/-budget delivery of products
- Individual should be capable of working independent of supervision but understands the resources available and calls on them as necessary.
- Digital circuit design experience including CPU / FPGA
- Analog circuit design for low frequency circuits (sub 1 MHz) including A/D and D/A converters and audio drivers
- Strong understanding of motor controls, including 3 phase brushless DC motors.
- Circuit schematic/layout experience for design/integration/validation testing
- Working knowledge in common HW interfaces/data protocols (e.g. TCPIP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, CAN)
- Understanding of computer HW/SW optimization techniques
- Software skills: familiarity with Linux, C-coding or Python on embedded processors
- Experience developing hardware requirements to meet higher-level system goals
- Strong hands on hardware trouble shooting skills using multimeters, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
- Experience with EMI mitigation design practices and measurement techniques (MIL-STD-461)
- Familiar with various field automation devices: limit switches, encoders, resolvers, relays, etc.
- RF circuit design experience
- Familiar with SolidWorks Electrical
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.