Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Under limited supervision the Quality/Reliability Engineer performs a variety of routine to complex duties in support of the development and manufacturing of integrated circuits. These activities include new technology evaluation/development, new product development, product qualification, and leadership of development teams within all quality and reliability aspects of the product development lifecycle. The Quality/Reliability Engineer may also be responsible for team leadership, mentoring, and direction of employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide/Develop reliability engineering methodologies with a background in integrated circuit failure modes and mechanisms
- Provide engineering mentorship
- An in depth understanding of semiconductor device/unit acceleration models for silicon and packaging
- Product development team leadership within the development lifecycle to include production, characterization, burn-in, ESD, latch-up, and Radiation effects plan definition and development coordination as required
- Product and process development team leadership for FMEA (Failure Modes Affects Analysis), DfR (Design for Reliability), DfT (Design for Test), DfQ (Design for Quality), DfM (Design for Manufacturing) and CTQ (Critical to Quality) methodology
- Solving problems and development of new products within a cross functional team
- Coordination of technology and product qualification activities with respect to requirements of MIL-PRF-38535
- Provide quality and reliability technical support to engineering and manufacturing personnel
- Define and execute technical experiments and projects and summarize results
- Define project objectives, metrics and milestones, monitor development status, report on progress and take corrective action as appropriate
- Ensure that all necessary quality assurance requirements and technology conformance requirements are being followed for the product
- Statistical analysis, standard deviation, CPK, with experience in JMP preferred.
- Provide customer interface during development of integrated circuits
- Define project objectives, metrics and milestones, monitor project status, report on progress and take corrective action as appropriate
- Must be self-motivated, process driven, able to work across functional boundaries in a team environment, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BSEE or BSCE) from a four year college Masters of Science degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience and/or training is required in an integrated circuits production environment
- Working knowledge of intrinsic semiconductor failure mechanisms and life distributions
- Familiarity with IC test methods or other programming experience desirable
- Experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing techniques desirable
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.