Deputy Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Provide support to program managers learning to interface with customers, providing a single point of contact throughout the life of the contract, including monitoring the development and delivery of the product; manage the program by coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on the delivery; monitor project from start to completion by planning and directing schedules; participate in design review meeting, cost and profitability and scheduling of product; collaborate with staff across functional areas such as engineering, development and production departments; provide management and customer status regarding financial and tactical progress on contracts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Submit, monitor and distribute internal and external program documentation requiring configuration management and approval.
- Support creation and implementation successful program plans which proactively address risk and provide a high degree of confidence supporting contract deliverable requirements.
- Supporting cost analysis and revenue performance of programs, supporting revenue forecasts and ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and profitability; prepare basis of cost estimates, provide pricing rationale and recommendations supporting quotations, proposals for follow-on contracts; monitor program schedule progress and profitability on a monthly basis; prepare monthly program financial reports for management review; manage Return Material Authorization (RMA) repair activity including cost and pricing.
- Develop accurate presentations and reports to support internal management and customer reviews; support executing new programs in accordance with budget, schedule and technical objectives; build relationship with customers to support new business opportunities..
- Support development of methods, procedures and work practices to systematize management practices across the program management group.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPIs for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible leadership in a fast-pace manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts, or similar required. ; BS in Engineering and Master in Business Administration, a plus.
- Leadership skills: ability to lead people,; ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence;
- Technical skills: Plus: Ability to understand contracts, business law and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and apply the concepts and principles; knowledge of cost accounting principles and finance.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; Plus: practical interpretation and knowledge of US trade regulations and ITAR regulations;
- Computer skills: advance knowledge working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel, Word, Project and Outlook software programs; ability to use Enterprise Resource Programs such as SAP, a plus;
- Math & Analytical skills: basic to intermediate mathematical skills,; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements; Plus: ability to produce financial analysis models; working knowledge of cost accounting principles;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Work approaches: problem solving; analytical skills to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; application of judgments by recognizing unfamiliar situations and seeking guidance and identifying and acting on situations requiring immediate action; planning, organizing and managing time to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.