Mechanical Designer II
The Mechanical Designer will convert customer specifications and/or engineering concepts of moderate complexity to practical design solutions.
- Assimilates the schematic, parts list, engineering concept, customer requirements and other data as required to plan a design layout.
- Designs work requiring creative thinking, in addition to knowledge of basic engineering principles, design practices and manufacturing methods/procedures.
- Applies basic engineering principles and practices as well as manufacturing materials, methods and equipment to solve a wide variety of detail design problems.
- Utilizes a familiarity with trade catalogs and vendor products to prescribe and incorporate purchased items.
- Completes design layouts as required to document engineering and design decisions as well as provide a basis for completion of detail drawings.
- Demonstrates a mastery of CAD applications, specifically Pro/Engineer (Creo 2) used for the generation of engineering documents.
- Military electronics packaging experience required. Experience with designing machined; cast and sheet metal parts and assemblies are necessary.
- Provides technical assistance or instruction to lower level drafting personnel.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required (ECR/ECO generation/implementation, Bill of Material generation).
- Requires an Associate's Degree in a technical field or its equivalent and min of (8) years of technically related experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of ASME Y-14 Drawing and Dimensioning Standards. Specifically ASME Y 14.100 Engineering Drawing practices and ASME Y-14.5 ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience with AutoCad (2012) package is a required.
- Experience with Solid Works (2107) is a plus.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.