Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES) is seeking an experienced Configuration Management Database (CMDB) Analyst who will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all CMDB processes, work instructions and activities. This will be done in compliance with the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) framework. This role owns the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and works with the Customers to define and implement all mechanisms needed to ensure full control of the customer's Configurable Items. Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
• Enact system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity.
• Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories.
• Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
• Ability to develop SQL queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy.
• Integrates/supports the Remedy ITSM System Administration Team.
• Works closely with customers, Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB.
• Produce and execute a plan for implementing the Configuration Management processes using Ivanti toolset.
• Recommend robust configuration management procedures and standards for using CMDB.
• Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with ITIL v3 framework.
• Act as a key stakeholder supporting key CMDB tasks:
• Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards.
• Liaise and train internal partners whenever necessary.
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years of experience as a CMDB analyst, having experience in CMDB creation, maturity, and maintenance
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification (or better)
• At least five years’ experience managing CMDB and IT Asset Management projects and programs within the ITIL framework
• Knowledge of CMDB and Asset Management tools. Ivanti / LANDesk product suite experience preferred
• Experience in asset and configuration item identification, baseline definition, relationship mapping, CMDB administration and IT acquisition processes
• Proven Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes.
• Knowledge of MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (ie: Crystal Reports, or a similar industry solution) relational databases.
• Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates should have proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
• Success in fast paced and dynamic environments
• The ideal candidate will hold ITIL Foundation v3.0 certification and have applied knowledge of real-world environments in both the Service Management focus area and have experience implementing a CMDB in a customer environment.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.