Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES) is seeking an experienced IT Asset Manager who will be responsible for managing and monitoring the asset management system to ensure that IT asset data is captured, accurately recorded and updated in timely manner within the configuration management database (CMDB). The IT Asset Manager will be responsible for tracking all existing and newly acquired IT Service Area components (e.g., software and licenses, hardware maintenance contracts, and related assets) and their attributes on CAES networks. The IT Asset Manager will be responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the organization. The IT Asset Manager will develop and implement processes and procedures that are consistent with industry best practices for tracking assets in compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) regulations and vendor contracts throughout the asset lifecycle.
• Maintain accuracy of the IT asset inventory and configuration items in the CMDB
• Support IT acquisition and capital equipment replacement processes
• Identify opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
• Maintain baseline configurations, hardware standards, and support contracts within the CMDB
• Update asset records related to all approved change activities (such as break-fix, change requests and projects)
• Develop, document, implement, and improve Asset Management procedures to meet operational requirements, to adhere to defined policies, and to ensure the accuracy of the CMDB
• Define metrics, data collection, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
• Audit, validate, and reconcile hardware and software assets against the installed asset base
• Provide reports of asset management audit results, recommend solutions and implement approved asset management remediation plans to address DFARS deficiencies
• Manage and execute asset management projects and communicate status regularly to key stakeholders
• Provide updates and training to other personnel on processes, tools, and reports
• Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification (or better)
• At least five years’ experience managing CMDB and IT Asset Management projects and programs within the ITIL framework
• Knowledge of CMDB and Asset Management tools. LANDesk product suite experience preferred
• Experience in asset and configuration item identification, baseline definition, relationship mapping, CMDB administration and IT acquisition processes
• Proven success in fast paced and dynamic environments
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.