The Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician III performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
• Repair and Maintenance of Mech-EL wire bonding machines, Dage pull testers, and Laser Welding systems
• Performs non-routine assignments involving testing.
• Uses a high degree of technical judgement in order to troubleshooting, test and repair a variety of complex machines used in the lab.
• Performs preventative maintenance measures on machines.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Plans and tests adjustment fixtures and gauges needed to meet engineering requirements
• Perform delidding operations on assemblies using milling machines
• High School diploma (or equivalent)
• 4 years experience as a maintenance mechanic technician working on wire bonding, laser welding and milling machines.
• 4 years experience repairing performing preventative maintenance on wire bonding, laser welding and milling machines.
• Intermediate use of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Microsoft Excel.
• This position will require obtaining a security clearance.
• Must be able to prove US Citizenship
• Experience in a defense contractor, aerospace, or the military environment.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.