- Performs work of moderate complexity; uses judgment within established practices, policies and procedures; knowledge of packing and shipping of domestic and international shipments.
- Accept deliveries and prepare items for safe shipment.
- Pick up and deliver items internally throughout the buildings.
- Assist receiving clerk in processing incoming material.
- Pick up and deliver materials to and from outside vendors using company vehicle.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED and 6 months to 1 year related experience.
Able to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to receive and maintain a forklift operator’s license.
- Clean driver’s license.
- Able to work with average supervision.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and
in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization.
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an intermediate level; ability to use Enterprise-wide systems such as SAP.
- Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.