Prepare and assemble electronic components and subassemblies of semi-complexity by using blueprints, drawings, diagrams and written processes; work is performed under a microscope while using small hand tools, such as tweezers, soldering iron, hotplate and reflow solder; monitors work-in-process or completed work, may need to disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as SAP; verify accuracy of drawing revisions to the traveler; update traveler instructions, if applicable.
- Review assembly drawings, traveler, and process procedures for instruction per specific component; verify received parts are accurate according to drawing parts list.
- Prepare parts by pre-tinning, cutting to proper length, separating & forming as applicable to part/component.
- View parts through microscope; assemble components and assemblies using small hand tools such as hand solder, reflow solder, hot plates and solder irons.
- Visually inspect work completed for accuracy and quality prior to release; barcode kits by using a program such as Anzio; forward to Lead/Supervisor for inspection
- Communicate assembly related issues to lead and supervisor verbally or in writing as an option.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
Perform work of semi-routine nature, requiring limited judgment, normally receiving detailed instruction under close supervision to meet company workmanship standards and criteria; follows prescribed directions.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- One (1) year of related assembly experience, including strap, coil, shield and feedthru processes; prior experience working with small hand tools such as soldering equipment and microscopes, preferred; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity; High School or GED equivalent, required; Electronic Assembly Certificate, preferred.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend technical written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
- Time Management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
Not required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.