Cobham is seeking a Program Manager to direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion, and participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. The Program Manager will coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and financial terms/conditions of contract and act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers in coordination with internal team members to discuss cost, schedule, and technical issues.
As the Program Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Defines the objectives and strategies of the program, to include strategic and company objectives consistent with customer and contractual requirements.
- Develops and implements effective customer communications plans to provide timely communications, represent the Voice of Customer, build customer relationships, define customer objectives, and manage customer satisfaction.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives. Makes effective use of Program Task descriptions (PTDs), program memos, and directives, to formally communicate program direction and changes.
- Coordinates the program activities with cognizant support functions. Assures the optimum utilization of manpower and program resources. Assures effective management of subcontracts and execution of the program material plan.
- Conducts regular reviews of program performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Implements a proactive risk management process. Assures regular team identification, mitigation planning and review of program risks, both during the program-planning phase and regularly during program execution.
- Measures and improves program performance through the investigation of improved processes, tools, staff training, facilities and team dynamics. Performs regular reviews of task estimates, challenging the team to eliminate wasteful approaches. Establishes a management reserve to provide resources for unexpected program challenges.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process. Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure and review of program issues.
- Establishes an objective roadmap for creating new business opportunities from the present program. Manages customer satisfaction to assure a high rate of repeated business. Participates in planning of company capital, IRAD, B&P resources. Trains program personnel to be alert to new opportunities and equips them with "state-of-the-art" skills to remain competitive.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years’ work experience in a related discipline within the DoD industry, or a Master's Degree and 7+ years’ experience;
- 4+ years relevant experience as a Program Manager.
- Experience managing $500,000+ US Defense related production program.
- Program Management experience directing production programs/projects from inception through completion.
- Experience leading proposal teams and developing proposals, participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes, and developing/managing business plans for assigned programs.
- Strong knowledge of DoD Program Management standards and operating procedures.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for a DoD Security Clearance
- 6+ years as a Program Manager on RF/Microwave production programs within the DoD industry.
- Program Management experience directing production and development programs from inception through completion.
- B.S. in Engineering
- Active DoD clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.