Responsible for scheduling and measuring department output, resolving issues which impact production by coordinating with other shifts and departments, assessing and developing employees and addressing disciplinary issue; supervise the electronic assembly and integrated microwave operations from basic through complex components to ensure production standards and on-time delivery; performs work of limited scope following established practices and procedures; a portion of time is normally spent performing individual tasks related to the unit or sub-unit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Plan, assign, coordinate and review the work of the electronic components, microwave integrated assemblies and circuit boards; follow established company policies and procedures or other guidelines as they relate to assigned area.
- Supervise, coordinate and perform a variety of administrative staff work such as: scheduling, maintaining records, responding to requests for information or services; performing related administrative planning and research activities; preparing correspondence, reports, statistical information, developing policies, procedures and/or training methods.
- Complete performance evaluations; may make hiring recommendations, recommends disciplinary actions; approve vacations and time off; prepare work schedules and assignments; supervise the activities of assigned personnel; monitor reports and record keeping activities filed by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy and adherence to policy and procedure guidelines; instruct staff in departmental policies and techniques and provides training.
- Review documentation for all assemblies and recommend improvements or bring errors to the attention of Supervisor; review prototype assemblies and make recommendations to engineers to improve the part design and make production efficient.
- Investigate causes of production difficulties and recommend necessary steps to correct or improve challenges.
- Rewrite rework instructions for required units and makes recommendations for future requirements.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI’s for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Makes recommendations to engineers to improve the design for production purposes.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Two (2) years of Supervisory/Lead work experience; Eight (8) years in electronic component and microwave assembly work, preferred; Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, preferred.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs; ability to use ERP software such as SAP, a plus.
- Math & Analytical skills: basic to intermediate mathematical skills; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding;
- Time Management and organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.