Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
The Lean Master Black Belt is a critical member of the San Diego Site Lean Steering Committee that creates the strategy and execution plans for its lean journey. The Lean Master Black Belt is a hands-on position that drives the execution of the plan, leads the training and kaizen schedules and coordinates with the Site Leadership team to assign resources necessary to achieve the plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
- In conjunction with the Lean Steering Committee and Site Leadership Team, coordinate and implement the lean strategy for the San Diego Site.
- Deliver plan in line with budget and meet cost, quality, and delivery improvement targets.
- Acts as change agent and lead communicator in ensuring buy-in across all functions.
- After deployment, ensure lean improvements are embedded and sustained.
- Develop and deliver a detailed training plan in line with the overall project plan and critical milestones.
- Implement and report on Lean Key Performance Metrics to measure progress of the lean strategy and deployment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Works in an environment where continuous improvement methods are utilized to manufacture quality products according to design specifications and customer expectations;
- Works in a leadership capacity positively influencing employees across functional areas;
- Impacts the building and shipping of product to our customers, as well as the morale and well-being of organizational staff in cross-functional areas.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience: Eight (8) or more years of experience delivering continuous improvement initiatives, including solid leadership experience in operations in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Experience in the aerospace and/or defense industry preferable. Knowledgeable and experienced in Lean methodologies; Black Belt Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma or Lean Master Certification; high level of proficiency using Lean Manufacturing techniques with significant exposure to Kanban managed supply chain concepts.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or equivalent, required;
- Leadership skills: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the organization; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence. Skilled in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Communication skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable and effective in presenting and training at all levels within the organization.
- Reasoning skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Computer skills: high-level of spreadsheet utilization skills; exposure to a networked environment using a Windows interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP; proficient with Minitab, JMP or other similar analytical software.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; strong planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task within tight time constraints;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.