Cobham is seeking an End User Support Specialist II in Lansdale, PA to performs the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems; assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements; troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal desktop or laptop computers; performs the installation, modification, testing and servicing on all internal/in-house data communications network equipment; assists in the recommendation for improvements and the development of technical standards.
Assists in ensuring the overall efficient use and functioning of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment at multiple sites and travels to perform onsite service as requested, up to 20%. Participates in evaluation of computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment and the creation of practices relating to these technologies. Participates in the analysis of hardware and software studies and the development of technical requirements documentation.
• Provides customer support, including system use, package selection and functional troubleshooting.
• Provides 2nd and 3rd level support to other technicians for more difficult problems.
• Travels to perform remote onsite service as requested, up to 20%
• Supports Executive Leadership team members
• Assists in the preparation of hardware/software user documentation and provides informal training classes on a limited number of software packages.
• Participates in the installation, maintenance and test of software and hardware as required by department function.
• Provides technical support in the establishment of company policies regarding hardware and software, organizing vendor demonstrations and evaluating options. Assists in the editing and publishing of various technical bulletins as required.
• Provision user workstations using LANDESK provisioning utilities, have knowledge of imaging tools such as Acronis.
• Coordinates the installation, maintenance and test of software and hardware as required by department function.
• Overseeing the maintenance of an on-line inventory of computer resources and the tracking of equipment availability status. May manage a "loaner" program for lending terminals and other technical resources to qualified requesters for business purposes.
• Engages with customers to supply appropriate IT resources and provide recommendations as required.
• Engages with other resource specialists and/or technology support staff at the divisional and/or functional levels to ensure consistency in direction and technical advice and the gathering of data for use in developing strategic plans for acquisition of related technological resources.
• Builds and maintains expertise in various company-wide computer technologies.
• Partner with INFOSEC and physical Security departments.
• Two (2) plus years’ experience in Desktop, Laptop, Printers, Microsoft Operating Systems and software.
• Demonstrated customer service and proven communication skills.
• Experience in prioritizing and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Experience in MS Applications and Operating Systems
• Bachelor's Degree or post high school education with 10 plus years’ experience within end user support application.
• Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• US Citizen
• Familiarity with LanDesk and Service Desk a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.