Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
The Contract Administrator supports Directors and/or Program Manager(s) in overseeing proposal preparation, contract execution, and contract closeout. In providing this support and as directed by the Program Manager, the Contract Administrator assists in formulation of proposal preparation and contract execution plans; collects, monitors and reports on proposal and contract schedules, budgets, and deliverable requirements; and ensures report activities are executed in accordance with contracts and established Aeroflex procedures and practices. The Contract Administrator supports the Program Manager(s) program team members and other staff functions on a regular basis in order to ensure compliance with contractual and company requirements. The Contract Administrator is responsible for maintaining communication with and providing reports both written, email and oral to customers and company stakeholders on a regular basis rewarding contract execution schedule, status and economic indicators, and strives to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and meet or exceed their expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track, review, ensure internal organizations are supported, and negotiate Terms and Conditions, NDAs, Representation and Certificates, Commerciality, and other contractual type documents.
- Monitors and reports on customer contracts execution to support: Customer satisfaction, Achievement of company financial objectives, and Compliance with contract requirements and commitments.
- Aids and monitors contractual changes and coordinating specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Develops reports regarding project expectations based upon team members' inputs, financial data and project schedule and plans.
- Reports on adherence to master plans and schedules that projects status relative to on-time completion and allocated budget.
- Monitors and reports on budgets for programs and other financial duties as needed.
- Updates stakeholders on a regular basis regarding programmatic statuses with written and oral communication.
- Works to meet customer expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Applies standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Monitors budget and schedule planning information with functional organizations and tracks progress.
- Interfaces directly with Program Manager(s), Finance, and legal counsel.
- Maintains involvement in schedule, financial and reporting aspects of the program to identify I anticipate issues. Reports on the overall effectiveness of the program.
- Provides communication to Product Development Teams, functional departments, and division management as required.
- Ensures compliance with all program management processes and procedures.
- Serves as the customer point of contact for all contractual matters during all phases of contract formation and administration.
- Reviews solicitations and terms and conditions, assists in risk analysis and assessments, participates in bid/no bid decisions, assists in development and preparation activities. Reviews cost proposals, maintains cost and pricing data records for TINA compliance, supports fact-finding and DCAA and/or DCMA audits, and participates in negotiations.
- Proactively manages and administers a variety of contracts (prime and subprime government/commercial, domestic/international) of all types (cost reimbursement, fixed price, incentive, award fee, IDIQ, time and material, etc.) and modifications thereto. Prepares and coordinates business correspondence, generates required contract-related reports, and maintains accurate and complete contract files and records for the company.
- Supports Program Manager and remains actively engaged with (and serves as an integral member of) designated program teams. Participates in program reviews, monitors program performance (contract schedules, deliverables, funding, invoicing, and payments), and notifies program managers and directors of potential non-compliances or other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company. Recommends to program managers and directors contract solutions and strategies that will favorably impact the company. Effectively supports product line program manager with contract start-up and monitors scope of work for contract compliance. Identifies, manages and assists in negotiation of contract changes, and coordinates resolution of contract issues internally and with external customers.
- Works with program managers and management to ensure that an effective contract change management process is in place. Provides advice and guidance regarding contract disputes, and actively participates in resolution of these matters.
- Actively manages and oversees closeout of completed government contracts.
- Ensures contract management activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and customer requirements. Creates and maintains internal structures and policies which ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulatory requirements (such as Small Business subcontracting plan oversight and any CAS compliance efforts).
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, applying Six Sigma principles and concepts where appropriate.
- Performs other contract related duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures processes are executed on-time across internal and external organizations and information is passed to all needed parties.
- Requires a dynamic, self-starting individual with good team members’ abilities.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and cross-functional communications skills.
- Requires demonstrated ability to work well with others in responsible positions at various organizational and functional levels, while exercising a high degree of tact, objectivity, and diplomacy to obtain and report on program objectives.
- Possess demonstrated understanding of the importance of providing timely, quality support to customers while meeting the requirements of the contract
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree in a related field. Advanced degree such as JD a plus
- 6-10 years’ experience with federal, commercial and international contracts.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of program management
- Knowledge of program management techniques and tools.
BUDGETING AND FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather and report on program budget and schedule information with functional organizations and track progress, identify issues as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
- A Secret Government Security clearance may be required for this position
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in Visual Manufacturing is highly desirable.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.