Performs the set-up, calibration, testing tuning and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies as stated in the developed test specifications and procedures. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. Prepares technical reports summarizes findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment; performs work of medium to high complexity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Test electronic components, assemblies and sub-assemblies to established frequencies; set-up and calibrate test stations.
- Perform in-process and final electronic verification test according to written test procedures using test equipment such as a frequency counter, network and scalar analyzers, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer and function generator.
- Utilize electronic ERP System; perform manual and ATE testing.
- Assist in corrective actions as necessary to improve product yield.
- Troubleshoot test station, perform system calibration and troubleshoot components of the test station, such as cables, and connectors; maintain records and logs as required.
- Ability to perform work under a microscope.
- Prepare technical data packages; assist in failure analysis by recording SPC data.
- Record and review electronic test data using manual or computer generated techniques.
- Inspect all work prior to releasing the work order for further processing.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- One (1) year in an electronic environment working with Radio Frequency/Microwave products; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity (precise) with ability to discern color; Certificate in Electronics Technology; or, Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology.
- Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure. Solder capabilities is a plus.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization.
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs
- Time Management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
Will be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.