- Test, calibrate, and repair of test and measuring equipment, electrical and mechanical, to conform to established standards. Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment according to drawings, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Identify and correct measurement errors, as applicable; prepare calibration reports and certificates.
- Disassemble instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using precision mechanical and electrical test instruments.
- Work from assigned schedules, track work progress, complete documentation and database entries.
- Assist in removal of test equipment from test racks, documenting connections and reassembling test equipment when calibration is completed.
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment.
- Develop, document and maintain calibration systems and procedures, based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Tracks movement of Government property in the facility and assist with locating customer assets during inventory. Provides reports to customers on a periodic basis and works with accounting to assure customer property is accounted for.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology or technical trade school/certificate education equivalent.
- Minimum three year of calibration experience which can be offset by formal metrology training or three years of RF/Microwave technician experience.
- Must be able to perform general math and algebra functions.
- Knowledge of quality standards for test and measuring equipment.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and proficient in use of MS Word and Excel.
- Familiar with computer programming for instrument control helpful.
- Strong attention to details.
- Must work well with a team and be able to work independently with a minimum of oversight from supervisor, be able to follow written procedures.
- Ability to lift and move heavy electronic equipment.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea.
Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.